Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ages

Bex asked if I'd put age ratings in. Absolutely, but know that to me this is so general. If I put "Children," then it means any age. If I put "Youth," you probably should just look at it first. I remember reading A Tree Grows in Brooklyn when I was maybe 11? And I think it is time I went back to read it, because perhaps I wouldn't recommend it now for an 11 year old, but a lot went over my head, I'm sure. I was also surprised when I read A Girl of the Limberlost to my girls for a mother/daughter book club that we were holding, and I hadn't remembered some parts. I will try to mention if there might be something to review before you suggest it to your children, but I will certainly make some mistakes. So just review if you can beforehand, especially if you want to buy. I am going to try to list only the books that I really loved.

Thanks for the input. I'll take suggestions so that I can try to make this the best it can be, with my shoestring time budget. :)

No comments: