Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fanny's Dream by Caralyn Beuhner, illustrated by Mark Beuhner



Fanny knows that she has a fairy godmother who will help her escape the constant work of farm life. It doesn't matter that the girls at the hat shop mock her or that her brother claims she's as big as an ox.

"I read about a girl in a book," Fanny said defensively, "and I know just what to do."


Fanny's Cinderella dream doesn't play out the way she anticipates; instead, her real life turns out to be satisfying and full of love and generous relationships. When her fairy godmother finally does show up, Fanny knows just what to do.

If you haven't read this book, you need to! This is one book that every family should own. Honestly! It is the best Cinderella story ever! There are great lessons embedded in the story: what true love and real life are all about. I love to read it to my children since it reminds me of my blessings and the people I treasure the most as well.

And I never can read it without laughing!

P.S. I have met the Beuhners (husband and wife team). They know just what they have written/drawn about in this book (They have 10 or something children).

No comments: