Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Five Minutes' Peace by Jill Murphy



My dear friend Khristine gave me this book after I had our fourth child, Rebecca. What a timely gift that gave me just the chuckle I would need in upcoming days, weeks, months, and years.

A mother elephant (Mrs. Large) comes down to the kitchen one morning.
The children were having breakfast. 
This was not a pleasant sight.


She decides to prepare a little breakfast tray for herself and take it up to the bath to eat and read in peace.
Where are you going with that tray, Mom?" asked Laura.
"To the bathroom," said Mrs. Large.
"Why?" asked the other two children. 
"Because I want five minutes' peace from all of you," said Mrs. Large. "That's why."


Does this mother find her peace? You'll have to read, find out, and laugh along with me.

P.S. Here is Anna's comment on the book: "The mommy is so messy!"

No comments: